Sunday, September 30, 2007

Alexander the Great

This weekend I went to Alexandria with AUC. I've gotten really lazy with writing on this blog and just do real quick posts since I don't have fast internet all the time. I have dial up at home and only when I bring my laptop in do I get to do all this posting. I'll try to be better, explaining my Ramadhan and social and religious observations I've noticed here.

This is a complete side note to the city named after Alexander the Great, Alexandria. The following is the list of things we saw from our itinerary.
1. A quasi ghetto safari that had the exotic dalmation dog in a cage
2. The Catacombs wherein the Greeks buried the dead and the Christains hid
3. Pompei's Pillar, which was misnamed
4. The Roman Ampitheater with a really cool echo spot
5. King Farooq's private beach in Monteza, specifically the Venice Beach
6. The Green Center Mall Plaza
7. The Fortress in place of Alexander the Great's Lighthouse
8. The new library
9. The Fish Market Restaurant
10. A ride in a boat into the Mediterranean Sea

My camera ran out of battery during the Fortress and thus nothing from 8 and on can be viewed. I apologize. I'll borrow the ones I asked my friends to take on my behalf. They laugh at me for it, but I have a blog to maintain. Shukran,











No comments: