Sunday, August 5, 2007

2 Weeks Left in the States

I'm leaving for Cairo in exactly 2 weeks from this hour, kind of crazy, isn't it? It hasn't really hit me yet and I can see myself freaking out and getting home sick within the first week. Whatever, it's reality, I'll be fine, I'll just continue practicing blogging.

So some quick updates on life:

1. This Friday was my last day of work, nice, free.
2. After practicing all summer with them, my Lehman Brothers Dragon Boat team got second place in the 500 meter heap.
3. I interviewed and got offered a position with Lehman Brothers Summer 2008 Investment Banking Analyst class.
4. My cousins from Virginia are here for the weekend until Tuesday.

Goals:
1. Pray Fajr and Isha at the Masjid everyday for the next two weeks.
2. Fast three days before I leave.
3. Pack successfully for Cairo.
4. Email all my friends about this blog.

I hope this makes life a little easier, shorter and sweeter than my ridiculously long posts before. Like I said, I'm practicing, trying on new approaches to this whole blogging thing, seeing what works better. I think Monica's coming to NYC this Monday and Chanelle maybe this Friday. Dai came and visited from Dartmouth Saturday morning. If anyone else is around, let me know, I'd be glad to see you all one last time before I got to peace out.

Not really wanting to peace out now,
Shams

1 comment:

DELTED BLOG said...

hey loser;

it was nice talking to you yesterdat [altho heckalot longer than i thought lmao jk]. anyways, cute, you're a blogger now. ;). i dn`t have blogger [ew] i have xanga.

http://www.xanga.com/s0rair0

however, most of my entries are private. ehh oh well.

i hope to talk/see you soon (before you leave). love yas. <3